Join us for our 2022 School Wellness Summer Symposium!
2023 School Wellness Summer Symposium
Registration for the 2023 School Wellness Summer Symposium is now open!
- Step 1: Register for one or more of the sessions. by clicking "REGISTER."
- Step 2: Need CTLEs? Click "CTLE Link on Frontline" and fill out the form. Skip this step if you do not need CTLEs.
What is the School Wellness Summer Symposium?
SNAP-Ed New York’s School Wellness Summer Symposium is a dynamic
event planned to be held on August 8 - 10, 2023 and designed to bring
together (virtually) school staff and administration from across NY to
inspire, educate and engage. Through live virtual activities,
participants will gain knowledge, skills and abilities to start,
strengthen and/or expand school wellness efforts for staff, students and
families. *CTLE's will be offered!
The Symposium is designed into three tracks: Classroom Education,
Student Wellness, & Staff Wellness. You can choose to attend one or
more of the sessions.
9:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M. Track - Classroom Education
- This track will feature 3 sessions that will offer you insight,
tools, and application to the classroom setting. Nutrition and
movement play a major role in shaping a child’s health over the course
of their lifetime. Nutrition education can teach students to recognize
healthy habits, learn how healthy habits influence their health and how
emotions and outside influences can affect these habits. Learn about
opportunities and strategies to bring free, evidence-based nutrition
education into your classroom. Hear from educators and administrators
around New York and beyond on their successes in implementing this work.
10:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M. Track - Student Wellness
Our students, our future, our
children. Their wellbeing is on our minds all the time. We will discuss
the importance of student engagement in their own health and wellbeing.
Whether it's looking for ways to increase classroom engagement, reduce
behavioral concerns, address nutritional needs or social emotional
wellness. This track will bring in experts to help develop skills,
elevate youth voice, and strengthen a culture of wellness in your
11:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. Track Staff Wellness
- How are you feeling? Are you showing up as your best self during
the school year? The Staff Wellness track will focus on you. The
sessions offered during this track will discuss the struggle that comes
from burnout, building resilience, and recognizing ways to focus on
Inspire our schools to act and build communities where food and movement matter
- Educate participants on the connection between food, movement, resilience, and readiness to learn or teach
- Engage meaningful discussions around nutrition education, physical activity, and the whole child
- Apply skills and knowledge gained to enhance the quality of programming and students readiness to learn
Motivating, learning, and sharing. The SNAP-Ed NY School Wellness
Symposium encourages virtual community building with activities designed
to help participants get acquainted, feel comfortable and stay
What can participants expect to learn?
At the completion of the conference participants will:
- Have gained a skillset, connection and/or knowledge that strengthens wellness efforts in their school.
- Understand the connection of food, movement and resilience to student and/or staff's ability to learn or teach
- Be motivated to apply the concepts learned to their specific roles at the classroom, building and/or district level
Email Jenna Ricker, SNAP-Ed Operations Coordinator at email@example.com or call 845-344-1234.
The School Wellness Summer Symposium is coordinated by:
Last updated August 3, 2023